3rd Line Senior IT Engineer
We provide IT services to over 230 hotels across the UK and Ireland. What sets us apart from many of our competitors is we don’t just to IT support – we also do Wi-Fi, phone systems, CCTV, networking, in-room TV entertainment/casting solutions and lots more. We probably see more and do more in a week than other IT providers do in months.
Your role would include a mixture of project work and IT Support, and you would need to be experienced in most of these areas:
- Configuration & Setup of Windows Servers, Active Directory, DHCP and DNS
- Installing and configuring VMware ESXi
- Deploying and setting up server and network hardware, including firewalls and VLAN’s
- Fantastic all-round IT knowledge
- Set up and deployment of Wi-Fi access points
- Office 365 migration and deployments
- Possess an inquisitive mind and want to make the world a better place by fixing issues, delivering a good service and configuring systems in the best way for the customer.
You would be expected to join one of the two on-call rotas from 6pm through to 8am weekends and at weekends for critical issues only:
- The on-call rota is weekly and is shared with 5 other engineers. You would be expected to offer guidance and resolutions to the 1st Line engineers based in the office after hours if they can’t fix the critical issue.
- An on-call escalations rota shared with 3 other engineers for which an additional payment of £250 per month is paid. This might mean a site visit is needed at the weekend or in the evening, but in the past 6 years we’ve only ever needed to do less than 10 of these. The escalations engineer is there to see P1 issues through to completion, and take over any issues the 1st and 2nd Line engineers can’t do.
Working from 09:00-18:00 weekdays with an hour for lunch, you would work from the office unless needed to visit one of our customers, so you must have a valid UK driving license and your own car – business mileage is reimbursed. This is not a work-from-home role.
We don’t have the usual ‘us’ and ‘them’ culture because our engineers get involved in every area of IT, so sometimes a 3rd Line engineer is on the Support Desk whilst a 2nd Line engineer is out doing a project or a site visit and vice-versa. A typical week might look like this, although obviously it varies with the number of projects or IT support needed:
- Monday – building a server from the office
- Tuesday – installing the server and network switches at the hotel and documenting it
- Wednesday – on the IT Support desk
- Thursday – helping out a 2nd Line Engineer on a project
- Friday – doing a scheduled visit at a hotel a 30 minute drive away
We always want to put in a long-term fix for issues – that’s always the goal – so that is why we have far fewer out of hours calls than other MSP’s.
You can see some of the work our engineers do on our Blog at https://hotality.co.uk/blog
The hospitality industry is all about providing good customer service, and that’s exactly the same for us too, so you would need to share this same positive customer-focused ethos.
If you’ve a passion for IT and enjoy the feeling of pride when you’ve done a good job you’ll find working at Hotality a positive, rewarding and enjoyable experience working alongside other like-minded engineers. In return, we offer a competitive salary between £34,000 – £48,000 depending upon experience.
Benefits include private medical cover, great workplace pension that puts you in control (unlike many other Employers pension schemes), training in many IT systems, services and hardware, two £50 Amazon vouchers a month for the two best employees, team meals, away-days and happy staff.
If this appeals please send a copy of your CV to us.
Hotality IT Solutions Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race or gender. Your information may be kept on file for a period of no more than 3 months once this job post has been filled. Individual applicants only please, no recruitment agencies. A subsidiary company of Hotality Group Ltd.