Due to our continued success in the hospitality and education sectors we are recruiting for a Technical IT Engineer, based in Basingstoke. You must hold a valid UK driving license since occasional travel may be required to any UK destination. You would join the out of hours on-call rota, on a weekly basis, shared with other members of staff.
Your duties would include:
- Project work – To install, implement and deliver computer solutions / services in accordance with the current business product portfolio at any UK location. Such work may include both software and hardware. To be responsible for the delivery of such work and to ensure you make yourself familiar with all aspects of the task prior to commencement. To liaise and interact appropriately with the customer and follow any site policies and / or procedures they may have. To protect and ensure customer data is not made less secure or vulnerable through the action of this work.
- Support – To be responsible for the rectification and management of support calls as received by our customers in accordance with the prevailing escalation and resolution procedures. To record accurately and diligently log call related information within the incident tracking / helpdesk system and escalate issues to the senior staff as appropriate. To monitor and remediate customer backups. Perform duties as needed to ensure continued PCI-DSS compliance for customers.
- Design – To produce analysis, reports and / or solution designs. To liaise with the appropriate internal and external staff during such endeavours as appropriate and provide detailed documentation.
- Documentation – To document accurately and diligently all consultative, design, research and / or investigative work to the standards set by Hotality and in the company format / template. To ensure such documentation is completed in a timely fashion.
- Customer and supplier management – To liaise with customers and suppliers in a professional manner at all times. To escalate issues or potential issues to senior staff as soon as they become apparent and to take every effort to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved. To manage supplier provisions of hardware, software and services to ensure their timely delivery. To ensure arrival at customer and / or supplier site(s) is punctual and at the agreed time.
- General duties – Check-in, collect and deliver equipment to and from Hotality and customer offices, liaising with other staff members as appropriate, following internal procedures.
- To participate in the ‘out-of-hours’ support rota. In accordance with the rota, each member of the technical team participates as primary contact for a period of one week, on a rotational basis.
- Any other duties as required by the operation of the Employer as reasonably requested from time-to-time.
If you have previous experience of providing IT support and services to the hospitality and education sectors this would be advantageous. Experience of installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows desktop and servers, VMware vSphere, Windows Remote Desktop servers, Microsoft Exchange, and configuring and troubleshooting local area networks is essential. If you’re passionate and take pride in your work then you’ll find working at Hotality a positive, rewarding and enjoyable experience. In return, we offer a competitive salary with benefits including a car allowance or company car, mobile phone and laptop. Evidence of some of the work we undertake for our clients can be found under About > Our Work on our web site. Candidates may be subject to an IT screening test.
No applications on behalf of other people will be responded to. No recruitment agencies to apply. If you think you would be suitable, or know of someone who might be, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV for further consideration. Your information may be kept on file for a period of no more than 3 months once this job post has been filled. Unsuccessful candidates may not be responded to. Hotality IT Solutions Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race or gender.